A summer camp for 60 young expats kicked off on July 15 in Ho Chi Minh City.
The participants of the summer camp pose for a group photo in front of the Nha Rong Wharf (Photo: VNA)
The camp, the 14th of its kind, is arranged by the HCM City Committee for Overseas Vietnamese Affairs and the municipal chapter of the HCM Communist Youth Union (HCYU).
While in Vietnam, the young expats from Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, the US, Russia, the Czech Republic and Canada, among others, and members of the HCYU, will join in various activities in HCM City and the southern province of Kien Giang.
They are scheduled to pay visits to tourist attractions and historical sites; explore traditional arts and music and a craft village in Kien Giang.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, vice head of the HCM City Committee for Overseas Vietnamese Affairs and head of the organising board Vo Thanh Chat said the summer camp helps Vietnamese expats across the world share their sentiments and connect with each other.
For her part, Ngo Hoang Tra My, who is currently studying in the US, said that she has taken part in the summer camp for the third time. The camp is truly a platform for young expats from all over the world to gain more necessary life skills for their future, she added.
After the ceremony, the participants paid respect to President Ho Chi Minh at his museum in Nha Rong Wharf, where he boarded a ship to go overseas to seek a way to liberate the Vietnamese people.
The closing ceremony of the summer camp is set to take place in Phu Quoc island district of Kien Giang on July 18.
- View from City Hall: Working together to tackle knife crime
- Kevin de Bruyne: Man City midfielder on Pep Guardiola, the Champions League and more
- Man City analysis: Champions show grit; Pep sends Sane warning
- Coventry City and League One transfer news: Loan deadline day recap
- Something to do every day for the rest of the summer holidays
- Championship transfer news: Stoke City forward lands shock move
- 'There's opportunity for us to chart a new path:' Life without Russ begins in OKC
- The Chemnitz Riots: Right-Wing Mob Wreaks Havoc on German City
- Hull City news live: Tigers begin season with lack of expectation
- City's loan deadline wish list: final incomings and outgoings
- Lowdown on Coventry City's next opponents Barnsley
- Stoke City v Huddersfield Town LIVE! Team news from bet365 Stadium
- What Man City's rivals have made of their start to the season
- Aguero ignored Real Madrid and Barcelona to become a Man City legend
- How Adam Curry climbed from the Northern League to Hull City's first team
- Chelsea loanee Todd Kane on the potential of staying at Hull City
- Who will feature in Nigel Adkins' Hull City starting XI to face Aston Villa?
- Who is Swansea City youngster Yan Dhanda?
- The Dublin Bucket List: 30 things to do in the city before you die
- Man City U23s vs Liverpool LIVE
HCM City’s summer camp for young expats begins have 485 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 15, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.