Under the deal, the UK Consulate General will work together with the municipal Transport Department to launch a project to develop a smart ticket system for the city’s public transport network.
It will also work with the municipal Construction Department to implement a project on developing a Geographic Information System for the city’s water drainage network.
Addressing the signing ceremony, Ngo Minh Chau, Vice Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee, hailed the positive contribution of the UK Consulate General and Ian Gibbons in boosting the cooperation and friendship between the two countries and between the UK and HCM City.
He suggested the UK Consulate General continue supporting HCM City in building and developing the smart urban, especially in the building of a financial centre, and innovation promotion.
Ian Gibbons said the UK is ready to partner with the City in fields of shared interest to bring practical benefits to both sides and contribute to enhance the bilateral ties. -VNA
- Dutch experts suggest flood prevention solution for HCM City
- HCM City’s need for waste treatment increases rapidly
- HCM City backs reopening of Czech Consulate General
- HCM City leads in waste management and treatment
- HCM City to hold first Orchid Festival
- HCM City set to host international retail tech, franchise expo
- HCM City’s industrial production grows 8.15 percent this year
- Sài Gòn - HCM City to build cultural and tourism village
- Int’l Travel Expo returns to HCM City
- Small firms fail to make use of plentiful assistance in HCM City: conference