A corner of Danang City. The city attracted US$542 million in foreign capital in the first half of 2019. — Photo cafef.vn
Speaking at the 11th session of the 9th municipal People’s Council in Danang on Tuesday, Hồ Kỳ Minh, vice chairman of the city’s People’s Committee, attributed the results to investment attraction activities organised as part of the city’s policy to focus on investment this year.
He said Danang recently held a conference with investors in which investment registration certificates were granted for eight projects worth over $492 million.
Local authorities have also allowed research to proceed on 11 potential projects worth nearly $3.5 billion.
“Despite such positive outcomes, the city has failed to meet the targets in some aspects,” Minh said.
For the remaining six months, the city plans to improve its business-investment promotions and management of investment in construction.
It also will speed up the progress of major projects and enhance its urban and environmental management, among other tasks.
Participants at the 11th session also reviewed socio-economic plans for the first half of the year and outlined measures to carry out tasks for the remainder of the year, resolving pressing issues such as waste, pollution, water shortages and land acquisition.
- Portugal defies drop in foreign investment
- Foreign investment bill still a live issue: PomCCi
- Costa del Sol coastline is a haven for foreign investment
- Foreign investments in FEZ Grodnoinvest at $744m
- Foreign investment in Scotland 'falls'
- Foreign investment creates over 6,100 jobs in 2018
- Foreign investments bypass Armenia
- EBRD may help Belarus set up foreign investment council
- Sharp fall in foreign investment in UK
- Plans to elevate status of Foreign Investment Council in Belarus