On July 9, three men from Hong Kong (China) were arrested at the Phnom Penh International Airport for bringing nearly 1 million USD in cash without making declaration.
Local media quoted General Sok Phal, Minister of State of the Cambodian Interior Ministry, as saying that the men hid the money in three suitcases and a Chinese national had waited for them at the airport.
Two days earlier, Cambodian authorities captured two Korean citizens – Yoon Won-gi and Song Hyun-hoo at the Siem Reap International Airport and seized up to 2.2 million USD.
Local police said that the Koreans also travelled to Cambodia from Hong Kong.
In February, the Paris-based Financial Action Task Force (FATF) named Cambodia in its grey list, over fear that the country may become the heaven for money laundering by criminal syndicates.
Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen and Deputy PM cum Interior Minister Sar Kheng have ordered to destroy the money laundering network in the country.-VNA
- Mike Leach meeting with political leaders in Cambodia
- Body of missing British tourist found off Cambodia coast
- Discover 150 F/S vs CB Unicorn vs SZ vs GS150R – Shootout
- Bajaj Discover 100M Test Ride Review
- Bajaj Discover 100M First Ride Review
- 2014 Bajaj Discover 150 F/S Test Ride Review
- Bajaj Discover 100T Test Ride Review
- Honda CB Shine vs Bajaj Discover 125M vs Hero Glamour – Shootout
- 2014 Bajaj Discover 125M Test Ride Review
- Bajaj Discover 125 ST Test Ride Review