At the conference (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Collective economy and agricultural cooperatives have developed in both quantity and quality, contributing to the restructuring of agriculture and new rural building, Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue said at a conference in Hanoi on July 20. The event aims to review the 15-year implementation of the ninth Party Central Committee’s resolution on continuously reforming, developing and improving the economic efficiency of collective economy in agriculture. According to the Deputy PM, agricultural cooperatives make up 62 percent of the 23,000 cooperatives nationwide. Statistics from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development showed that as of June 30, 2019, the country had 14,452 agricultural cooperatives, 55 percent of which are operating actively. The average revenue and profit of a cooperative were estimated at over 1.6 billion VND and 203.5 million USD, up 3.5 times and 4 times respectively against 2003. Averagely, one province has 220 cooperatives. The Red River Delta led in the number with 362 cooperatives in a province, while the south-eastern region ranked last with 85 cooperatives in a province. As of December 31, 2018, the country had 39,354 cooperative groups in the field of agriculture, up 32,759 groups compared to… Read full this story
- Africa: Agricultural Trade Liberalization Undermined Food Security
- Islamic finance thriving in Australia
- Draft Pesticide Management Bill is Out of Sync With the Agrarian Political Economy
- Egypt: PM Opens Maritime Transport, Logistics Conf.
- Business centre worth Ksh90m to boost cotton manufacturing in Coastal Region
- Ghana: Nation Builders' Corps to Create 100,000 Jobs
- East Africa: EAC Launches Guide for Cross-Border Traders in Busia
- Lalong: Raising The Bar In Leadership
- California Now Has a Bigger Economy than the United Kingdom
- 140 Indian Firms Invested $4 Billion in South Africa: CII-PwC
Agricultural cooperatives thriving have 283 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 20, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.