The Hanoitimes – When the law takes effect on January 1, 2020, people who drink alcohol or beer will not be allowed to drive. Vietnam’s parliament disapproves drink-driving ban The alcohol control bill was first submitted to the Vietnamese National Assembly in late 2018 and passed on June 14, 2019 with an approval rate of 84.30%. A Vietnamese traffic police checks alcoholic concentration for a driver. Photo: TT Drinking and driving don’t go together The National Assembly on Friday voted in favor of banning those found with alcohol content in their blood or breath from driving. Thus, when the law takes effect on January 1, 2020, people who drink alcohol or beer will not be allowed to drive. In this way, the proposal by the Standing Committee of the National Assembly on banning people found with alcohol content in blood to drive was endorsed more widely than the previous voting. Eleven days ago, only 44.21% of the deputies agreed to the proposal. No advertisements of alcoholic drinks from 6pm to 9pm According to the new law, advertisement for liquor and beer on radio and television will be banned from 6pm to 9pm every day, except for sports programs of… Read full this story
- Newhall father JAILED after ignoring drink driving ban
- Being a 'good friend' led to drink-drive ban for Boston fork-lift driver
- Local man asks sheriff to give him lifetime road ban after being caught drink driving for fourth time
- Drink-drive mum smiles after judge spared her jail over horror crash because she has children
- Page 3 girl once said to have 'Britain's best boobs' is banned for drink-driving
- Drink-drive pensioner is banned from the road for the fourth time
- Wigan release statement on Zak Hardaker's future following drink-drive rap
- PSG star Marco Verratti 'double drink drive limit' after being arrested by cops
- Woman's bizarre excuse for drink-driving
- Drink-driving dad was still under influence of cannabis smoked 'days earlier'
Vietnam’s parliament says yes to drink-driving ban have 322 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at June 14, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.