Members of the Vietnamese delegation rejoice over the country’s election as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council for 2020-2021 on June 7 (Photo: VNA) New York (VNA) – Vietnam officially won the election to become a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) for 2020-2021 after getting 192 votes out of the 193 member countries and territories of the UN General Assembly on June 7 evening (Vietnam time). That Vietnam received such dominant support has met the expectations of all Vietnamese people. It also shows that the country’s active, substantive and responsible contributions to the UN, including the UNSC, for the past many years have been recognised by the international community. Talking to the media right after the election, Deputy Foreign Minister Le Hoai Trung appreciated the international community’s support and pledged that Vietnam will play a constructive and responsible role in this position at the UNSC. This is the second time the country has been elected a non-permanent member of the UNSC, after the first in 2008-2009. As one of the six major UN organs, the UNSC has 15 members, including five permanent and the remaining 10 ones with two-year tenures. It is the only… Read full this story
- Rick Perry, Energy Secretary Famous for Saying ‘Oops,’ Elevated to National Security Council’s Top Committee
- Major cuts to National Security Council staff expected as soon as next week, sources say
- Bannon Removed From National Security Council. White House Says He Was Just A Glorified Babysitter Paid To Look After Flynn.
- US National Security Council Expected to Get Downsized Next Week - Reports
- Calling All Patriots: What Should Trump Do With All The Obama-Era Staff On The National Security Council?
- Deep State: Trump Dumps Dozens Of Obama Holdovers In The National Security Council
- Impeachment witness Vindman to leave National Security Council after Trump acquittal
- Jared Kushner presents Israel-backed Middle East plan to United Nations
- Trump preparing to oust national security official who testified against him in impeachment hearing: report
- The United Nations has embarked on a course of self-renewal. But it won't be easy
Vietnam wins election to United Nations Security Council have 357 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 7, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.