President Trump spiked the football on his immigration agreement with Mexico and taunted his media critics with a tweetstorm that called the accord “a huge deal.” “MEXICO HAS AGREED TO IMMEDIATELY BEGIN BUYING LARGE QUANTITIES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCT FROM OUR GREAT PATRIOT FARMERS!” he blared in an all-caps post at 8:03 am. “‘That’s going to be a huge deal because Mexico will be using their strong Immigration Laws – A game changer,’” Trump tweeted, quoting Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council. “‘People no longer will be released into the U.S.,” the quote continued. Under terms announced late Friday, Mexico agreed to keep Central American migrants seeking asylum in the U.S. on its side of the border until their cases are decided. The agreement headed off Trump’s threat to begin imposing tariffs on Mexican goods starting Monday. “Mexico will try very hard, and if they do that, this will be a very successful agreement for both the United States and Mexico!” Trump wrote. He also slammed “much false reporting (surprise!)” on the accord “by the Fake and Corrupt News Media, such as Comcast/NBC, CNN, @nytimes & @washingtonpost. “These ‘Fakers’ are Bad News!” Trump wrote.
- At border, Trump says he backs legal immigration
- GOP platform committee backs Trump on trade, foreign policy, immigration
- Trump: No amnesty for undocumented immigrants
- Tucker: Trump Signing Dems' DACA Deal Would Be 'Massive Amnesty,' 'Collapse' of GOP
- Trump open to 'softening' on immigration
- 2016 candidates from both parties blast Trump for offensive comments about immigrants
- Donald Trump doubles down on anti-immigration remarks: 'Somebody's doing the raping' (VIDEO)
- Trump praises Carrier, state offers $7M in incentives
- What we've learned about President Donald Trump since his big Phoenix immigration speech
- Trump Blasts Iran Nuclear Deal: 'We Know They're Going to Cheat'
Trump praises Mexico for ‘huge deal’ on immigration have 311 words, post on nypost.com at June 8, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.