Illustrative image (Photo: VNA) Thanh Hoa (VNA) – An annual conference between red cross societies of central Thanh Hoa province and the Lao province of Houaphane was held in Thanh Hoa on June 25. Under the bilateral cooperation agreement for the 2019-2020 period, both sides will enhance experience sharing by holding the event in alternate venue. They will create favourable conditions for their chapters in border districts to travel and share experience in humanitarian activities, as well as call on individuals, organisations, businesses and philanthropists to support the poor. Chairwoman of the Thanh Hoa provincial Red Cross Society Trinh Thi Tiep said red cross movements in the two provinces have developed over the past five years with many effective models attracting enterprises, philanthropists and volunteers. Last year, the host side sent a delegation to the Lao counterpart to offer free medicines and present gifts to the poor in Muong Nhut village, Sam Nua district and visit “goat bank” model in Viengxay district. During the stay from June 25 – 29, the Lao delegation is scheduled to attend a training course on first aid and response to contingencies, visit and offer gifts to the poor and Agent Orange victims in… Read full this story
- Lae to revive PNG Red Cross Society branch
- Red Cross provides HUF 67 mln in aid for storm-hit villages
- Red Cross to tackle affordable housing crisis
- 'The Red Cross saved my life'
- Red Cross holds course for surgeons in Gaza
- Red Cross opens Hollerich second-hand shop
- Solomon Islands Red Cross aims to reach 200,000
- Local documentary wins at Red Cross International Film Festival
- Food crisis risk in North Korea: Red Cross
- Red Cross to Send ISK 25 Million to Aid Ebola Relief Effort
Thanh Hoa, Houaphane’s red cross societies review joint work have 290 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.