Under the bilateral cooperation agreement for the 2019-2020 period, both sides will enhance experience sharing by holding the event in alternate venue.
They will create favourable conditions for their chapters in border districts to travel and share experience in humanitarian activities, as well as call on individuals, organisations, businesses and philanthropists to support the poor.
Chairwoman of the Thanh Hoa provincial Red Cross Society Trinh Thi Tiep said red cross movements in the two provinces have developed over the past five years with many effective models attracting enterprises, philanthropists and volunteers.
Last year, the host side sent a delegation to the Lao counterpart to offer free medicines and present gifts to the poor in Muong Nhut village, Sam Nua district and visit “goat bank” model in Viengxay district.
During the stay from June 25 – 29, the Lao delegation is scheduled to attend a training course on first aid and response to contingencies, visit and offer gifts to the poor and Agent Orange victims in Quang Nham commune, Quang Xuong district
On the occasion, the Thanh Hoa Red Cross Society reviewed the 2019 Humanitarian Month, including raising funds at BigC supermarket, presenting breeding cows and building houses for the poor, offering free medicines and holding volunteer blood donation festival.
A new highlight of the month was the “Humanitarian Fair” held in Son La and Dien Bien provinces and gifts to disadvantaged households in Thanh Chan commune, Dien Bien province and Chieng Hac commune, Son La province.-VNA
- Highest-ranked Slovak at Red Cross: Society is changing – and so must humanitarian aid
- Red Cross Society to send relief material to typhoon-hit regions
- Red Cross Society of China donates 100,000 U.S. dollars to Kenya's landslide victims
- Three Facebook scammers detained in Thanh Hoa
- Red Cross to distribute aid in Venezuela
- Red Cross Uses 'Star Wars' Through Twitter to Explain the Rules of War
- Former 'professional mistress', 28, who flaunted her glamorous lifestyle yet claimed to be a Red Cross worker begs for forgiveness from the public after spending five years in jail for running an underground casino
- Chinese Red Cross donates funds for injuries in Sri Lankan terror attacks
- China, Int'l Committee of the Red Cross cooperate in emergency response training
- Cambodian Red Cross collects over 20 mln USD at annual fundraising event