The morning session featured four discussions on management in water resources, flooding, saline intrusion and response to landslides in the region chaired by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, agricultural restructuring in adaptation with climate change chaired by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development; solutions to transportation system, infrastructure, housing for sustainable regional development chaired by the Transport Ministry; and regional planning, coordination mechanism and investment attraction chaired by the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc will chair the afternoon session and hear reports from ministers.
Speaking at a forum on solutions to transportation system linking Ho Chi Minh City with regional localities, Politburo member and Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Nguyen Thien Nhan called for diversifying resources to upgrade transportation infrastructure.
He suggested the transport ministry work with Ho Chi Minh City to launch projects on belt road No.3 and No.4 passing through provinces and the city.
The transport ministry was also asked to allocate State capital and official development assistance for key roads in the region to ease traffic congestion.
At a forum on regional planning, coordination mechanisms and investment attractions, Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung urged finding effective solutions for the next five years for the sustainable regional development.-VNA
- Mekong Delta needs ecosystem-based solutions to climate change
- German bank to invest $20 mln in Mekong Delta resort
- Mekong Delta develops new tourism products
- Mekong Delta ports need better linkages to increase efficiency
- Business Vietnam’s Mekong Delta suffers tourist drought over lack of development strategy Foreign doctors learn from Vietnamese
- Exclusive interview: Bolloré Logistics, Sustainability Development Manager, Mathilde Dumoulin
- Business Communication with foreigners remains a challenge to tourism employees in Mekong Delta
- Vietnam faces multiple challenges to sustainable development: WB
- Vietnam's Mekong Delta to apply hi-tech in tra fish farming
- Mekong Delta centenarians show a youthful zest for life