Ninh Thuan (VNA) – A solar power plant with a design capacity of 30MWp was inaugurated in Ninh Phuoc district, the south central province of Ninh Thuan on June 16, in the presence of Standing Vice Chairwoman of the National Assembly Tong Thi Phong.
Covering an area of over 32ha in Phuoc Huu commune, the plant was built by the Phuoc Huu electricity investment joint stock company with a total investment of 747 billion VND (31.94 million USD).
It was installed with 91,650 solar panels, 11 sets of inverter, 12 transformers, more than 5km of 110kv line, among others.
The plant was first connected to the national grid in April 2019. It is expected to generate 47,639 MWh of electricity per year.
The launch of the plant is expected to ease the power shortage and contribute to promoting economic development in Ninh Thuan, and is a new step forward in turning the province into a renewable energy centre of the country.
On the occasion, the project’s investor presented 10 sets of computer and 200 million VND to the communal People’s Committee.-VNA
- Work starts on second solar power plant in Ninh Thuan
- Vietnam’s biggest solar power plant built in Ninh Thuan
- Work commences on BIM Group’s solar power plant in Ninh Thuan
- Construction of $52 million solar power plant starts in central Vietnam
- Construction of Vietnam’s largest solar power plant starts in central Vietnam
- VND 3,500 billion to build solar power plant project
- Long-delayed solar power plant opens in central Vietnam
- Vinh Tan 2 solar power plant begins commercial operation
- $48.5m solar power plant opens