“No,” Borisov said when asked whether Moscow had received a relevant request from Iran.
“Let them continue spreading [fake news],” Borisov said when asked to comment on the media speculations.
“Everything goes as it goes,” the minister commented on cooperation between Russia and Iran.
In late-May, Bloomberg reported, citing its sources, that Russia had refused to sell Iran its S-400 air defence systems. According to the agency, Russia explained its decision by saying that such a move would escalate tensions in the region.
Commenting on the report, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said he did not have information about the alleged refusal.
The report came as tensions between the US and Iran reached a new level in May, when the US imposed more anti-Iranian sanctions and sent an aircraft carrier strike group, a squadron of B-52 bombers, and Patriot interceptors to the Middle East to grapple with what Washington describes as a threat emanating from Iran.
- India Signs $5 Billion Deal for Russian Air Defense Systems
- Will the Carrots Run out in Russia?
- Russia’s Shotgun-Wielding Drone is the Flying Nightmare You Didn’t Know You Had
- Update: Trump announces U.S. withdrawal from Iran nuclear deal
- Iran warns of ‘war situation’ as sanctions resume
- Why reverting to the karez system might save Balochistan’s water and drought crisis
- Two To Tango: Boosting bilateral India-Japan defence cooperation a step in the right direction
- The psychiatrist who didn’t believe in mental illness – Holly Case
- Erdogan embraced Trump’s politics to stay in power – has it finally failed him?
- Boris for PM? Hang on! As his zip-wire stunt creates an internet sensation, one of his fans warns he'd be a disaster at No.10
- New York Times boss Mark Thompson: 'When it comes to news, Facebook still doesn’t get it'
- Kuwait's new DNA collection law is scarier than we ever imagined
- Why are people migrating to Europe? A primer on the refugee crisis
- Trump Pulling All Troops From Syria, Declaring ISIS Defeat
- Official: US to withdraw all US troops in Syria
- Vladimir Putin ‘snubbing’ Imran Khan – why all the fuss?
- World Leaders Gather at UN Under Threat From Unilateralism
- Fukushima Update #70: If you can't measure it ... (UPDATED)
- Israel Accuses Iranian Forces of Rocket Attack on Golan
- Tragic lorry migrant, 26, 'was deported from UK just DAYS before dying in trailer', say Vietnamese family who remortgaged home to fund £30,000 return trip
Russia Didn’t Receive Request for S-400 Air Defence Systems From Iran - Deputy Prime Minister have 412 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 7, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.