HCM City has called on residents to stop using underground water and seal the wells due to serious subsidence in the city. HCM City calls on residents to seal up wells Saigon Water Corporation (Sawaco) and the localities in Binh Thanh District have co-operated together to call on residents and organisations to stop using underground water and close their wells. According to Ho Phuong, vice chairman of Binh Thanh District, HCM City has about 100,000 wells of different sizes and depths. Statistics from 2017 show that 680,000 cubic metres of water were exploited on a daily basis. HCM City has one of the fastest subsidence rates of 40 mm per year, some places in the city have a subsidence rate of 67mm a year. Underground water exploitation is one of the reasons blamed for the decline of the water source and other consequences such as subsidence and flooding vulnerability. Untreated well water can cause many illnesses including skin allergies and intestinal infections. Warnings over subsidence in the city were raised 10 years ago when up to one million cubic metres of underground water was exploited each day. In late March 2018, Tran Vinh Tuyen, vice chairman of HCM City People’s… Read full this story
- Burst Underground Water Pipes
- Water Usage and Car Wash Operations
- Water Volume Usage in Boat Hull Cleaning
- Is Your City Sinking Due to Ground Water Over Use - Talk About Falling Real Estate Value?
- Drinking Toxins? Good Health Begins with Filtered Water
- Atlantic City, an Early Tourism History
- Contaminants In Water Can Cause Serious Health Problems Down The Road
- Water Everywhere But Not A Drop To Drink
- How Does A Ceramic Water Filter Purifier Work To Remove Contamination?
- Catching Lost Water By Rainwater Harvesting And Construction Of Small Dams
Rampant underground water usage blamed for HCM City subsidence have 301 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 16, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.