Murals to raise awareness about wild-animal protection and climate change in Da Nang, painted as part of the Wildlife Street Art Bus Tour programme. (Photo courtesy of CHANGE) HCM City (VNA) – The Wildlife Street Art Bus Tour programme is calling on residents in Ho Chi Minh City to take action and protect wild animals. The five-day programme includes mural painting and interactive activities between its organisers, local authorities and young people. Its aim is to encourage people to protect wild animals, especially elephants, rhinos and pangolins, and not to buy products made from them. The programme is organised by the Vietnamese NGO Centre of Hands-on Action, Networking for Growth and Environment (CHANGE), non-profit organisation WildAid, and many other sponsors. WildAid works to reduce global consumption of wildlife products and to increase local support for conservation efforts. HCM City is the latest destination for the programme, which started on May 6 in the Mekong Delta province of Ca Mau and then the cities of Da Nang, Hue, Vinh, Ha Long, Mong Cai, and Nha Trang. Under the programme, murals are being painted in public spaces on Phan Liem Street, which connects the two busy streets of Vo Thi Sau and Dien Bien Phu in District 1 in HCM City. The murals near these two big and busy streets are expected to catch the eye… Read full this story
- Images of endangered species projected onto Empire State Building to raise awareness on animals' plight
- Monkey owners flee Louisiana crackdown on wild animals, fear their pets will be confiscated and sent to a zoo
- Ta-ta, killer! 1,500 brazen trekkers will walk city to raise awareness for breast cancer
- California school puts disabled 7-year-old in a cage like a 'wild animal'
- Judge rules IKEA monkey can’t go back to mom, must stay in wild animal sanctuary
- Artist overwhelmed with demand for her realistic wild animal sculptures
- 'Wild Animals You Should Know' at the Lucille Lortel shows Boy Scout as bad seed
- [email protected]'s Marianne Garvey on VH1's 'The Gossip Table': ‘Real Housewives of New York’s’ Ramona Singer attacked by wild animal
- Mom raising awareness of online threats after son killed by gaming partner
- SEE IT: Drunk and bound Icelandic Air passenger caught on tape wailing like wild animal
Programme raises awareness about wild-animal protection have 385 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 26, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.