The new general education programme issued by the Ministry of Education and Training at the end of last year will be applied for the 2020-21 school year. But preparations for the major transition are lagging behind schedule and with teachers unprepared for the new curriculum, it may already be too late to ensure a smooth transition. Primary school teachers have not yet been trained in the content of the new general education curriculum. VNA/VNS Photo The new curriculum, which focuses on developing student competence through activities, is divided into two phases. The first phase is general education and stretches from grade one to grade nine. Phase two is vocational training from grade 10 to grade 12. In the 2020-21 school year, students in grade one will begin the new curriculum, Tin Tức (News) newspaper reported. Nguyễn Thúc Sinh, deputy head of the Primary Education, Education and Training Department in Phú Thọ Province, said the province needed more teachers to implement the new programme, especially in English and computer science and technology. Students at the primary school level are required to take lessons in Vietnamese, maths, a foreign language, lifestyle and ethics, nature and society, history and geography, science, computer science… Read full this story
- Who is Micky Kerr? Britain’s Got Talent 2018 semi-finalist and primary school teacher who blends singing and comedy
- ‘Our children were sitting in cold classrooms’ – Parents’ anger over primary school heating failure
- Data: Highest-paid elementary, middle school teachers in Houston
- Is your child about to finish primary school?
- Prosecutor: Ohio high school teacher allegedly had sex with student in parking lot
- Memories of Britannia Road Primary School Maritime Day in 1982
- Unauthorized field trip could cost Ohio high school teacher her job
- Lily the minature dachund helps Fairhaven Primary School pupils read
- Public school teacher's firing wasn't just about a pronoun, but about intolerance for different beliefs
- Speed limits outside seven Northern Ireland primary schools to be cut to 20mph
Primary schools and teachers not ready for new general education cirriculum have 339 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.