An American man killed in a shootout with officers at the US-Mexico border on Monday night was attempting to illegally smuggle two Chinese nationals into the country, officials revealed Wednesday. Travis James Eckstein, 23, has been identified as the deceased by San Diego police after the exchange of gunfire in the San Ysidro Port of Entry, near Tijuana. Officials said that Eckstein ‘fired multiple gunshots’ at US Customs and Border Protection officers at 7:30pm on June 3, in a bid to evade inspection of his vehicle but he was shot dead soon afterwards. When officers went to examine Eckstein’s white pick-up truck, they discovered the US Citizen had been trying to smuggle in two male Chinese nationals – an 18-year-old and a 27-year-old – who were ‘secreted’ inside the rear of his vehicle. Neither the teenager nor the man had legal clearance to enter the US, CPB said. Travis James Eckstein, 23, has been identified as the deceased by San Diego police after the exchange of gunfire in the San Ysidro Port of Entry, near Tijuana Officials said that Eckstein ‘fired multiple gunshots’ at US Customs and Border Protection officers at 7:30pm on June 3, in a bid to evade… Read full this story
- US-Mexico border militia leader arrested by FBI
- Atlanta mayor calls Ahmaud Arbery's death a 'lynching of an African American man'
- Mexico border town forces travelers arriving from Arizona to walk through sanitizing tunnels in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19
- 45 Chinese nationals in Nepal demand flights to go home, throw stones
- 2 Chinese nationals, 3 Nigerians drag IGP to court over alleged illegal detention
- New York golf pro and his teacher girlfriend are killed in Mexico after gunmen fired 20 bullets into their jeep during intense fighting between drug cartels
- President Trump orders Mexico border wall painted black so it’s too hot to touch in the summer, adding up to $3B in cost
- 3 nurses strangled in Mexico; border mayor gets coronavirus
- Doctors Without Borders dispatched to New Mexico to help the Navajo Nation
- Mattis Approves Extending Troop Deployment at US-Mexico Border Until January 31
PICTURED: American man, 23, who was killed in shoot-out at the US-Mexico border while he was trying to smuggle two Chinese nationals into the country who were hiding in the back of his truck have 356 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 6, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.