South Korean Coach Park Hang Seo said that he will renew his contract with the Vietnam Football Federation (VFF).
Coach Park Hang Seo
“I’ve been warmly welcomed by Vietnamese fans, so I think that I need to respond to their support,” Park said.
The coach revealed that he had authorised his representative to renew his contract with VFF.
The current contract between Park and VFF will expire in January 2020.
From now to the year-end, he will train the Vietnamese national team to compete in the qualifying stages of the 2022 World Cup scheduled to take place in September, October and November, along with the SEA Games 30 in December.
The VFF disclosed that they will start negotiations with Park on contract renewal three months before the current deal expires.
However, South Korean media said that Vietnam should speed up the process as Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia are already interested in the South Korean coach.
According to South Korea’s Star News, Vietnam’s defeat of Thailand was partially due to the coach’s success.
The national team has seen distinct progress since Park Hang Seo was appointed head coach. Dtinews
- Use Parking Hang Tags to Keep Your Employees Happy
- Spanish Football Federation give full backing to absent Luis Enrique
- Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football
- Next Media win exclusive broadcasting rights for Vietnam’s World Cup qualifiers
- Vietnam extend unbeaten run with 3-1 win over Indonesia
- Vietnam national team receive warm welcome home from World Cup qualifiers
- Vietnam’s U22 team drawn in Group B of SEA Games 30
- A dog, a cat and 22 fans: watching European football’s worst top-flight team
- EnBW finalises decision to build Germany's biggest solar park
- South African company to export fresh grape to Vietnam