Nghe An (VNA) – Vice Chairwoman of the National Assembly Tong Thi Phong visited and presented 50 scholarships to standout students at ethnic minority boarding school in Con Cuong district, the central province of Nghe An on June 24.
Speaking highly of the teachers and students’ efforts to complete their mission, Phong stressed that the Party and State always see education as top priority, and especially attach much importance to education development in the mountainous and remote areas.
The State is completing mechanisms and policies for teachers working in the mountainous localities, she said, asking the local education sector to take care of the teachers’ spiritual and material lives.
As for the teachers, Phong said they should work to improve the quality of teaching and studying, making contribution to developing good human resources for the ethnic localities in Nghe An province.
Besides, she called for philanthropists and businesses to give more support to the ethnic minority children.
On the occasion, she also presented 20 computers and one projector to the boarding school.-VNA
- Vice President meets Lao NA leader
- Cultivating people, top national priority: NA Chairman
- NA Chairman meets with voters
- Leaders pay pre-Tet visits to local people nationwide
- NA Chairman meets voters in Cao Bang province
- Tet charities presented nationwide
- Over 22 million students nationwide begin 2016-2017 academic year
- Leaders join new school year openings nationwide
- Leaders attend new school year ceremonies in localities