A mass yoga performance at the 2018 International Day of Yoga in Tien Giang province (Photo: VNA)
The event will be organised by the diplomatic office, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, and the Hanoi People’s Committee in Hanoi, featuring a mass yoga performance of more than 800 yoga lovers.
Meanwhile, the Consulate General of India in Ho Chi Minh City will arrange a similar celebration in the country’s biggest city on June 29, while charitable activities will be held in 10 other localities on the occasion.
The increasing popularity of yoga in Vietnam helps connect people of the two nations and foster the India-Vietnam friendship, Uike noted.
Recognising its universal appeal, on December 2014, the United Nations designated 21 June as the International Day of Yoga with Resolution 69/131, following the proposal of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The International Day of Yoga aims to raise awareness worldwide of the many benefits of practicing yoga.
- 'Steel rose' conquers Vietnam's toughest marathons
- Vietnam can deploy helicopters in UN peacekeeping missions
- UN leaders, countries highly value Vietnam’s international stature
- CPTPP – Vietnam’s strong commitment to renovation, international integration
- Vietnam takes a leap in digital transformation with foreign participation
- Prospects of Vietnam’s stock market in 2020
- Vietnam readies to take role of President of UN Security Council
- Vietnam Int’l Travel Mart 2020 slated for April
- World Water Day: Water for all, no one left behind
- Vietnam among top 10 countries for retirement: report