Illustrative photo (Source: Vneconomy.vn) This import value has made China the second largest source of electronic items, components, and computers for Vietnam in the five-month period. Elsewhere, the Republic of Korea topped the list of the Southeast Asian country’s overseas electronic item providers. Statistics released by the General Department of Vietnam Customs indicate that electronic items, components, and computers were among the top import categories during the five-month period. The import of electronic goods posted more than US$20 billion during the five-month period, edging up 1.3 per cent per annum. As for May, the country spent US$341 million on such items, a year on year rise of 8.6 per cent. In a related move, local media has recently blamed Asanzo, a Ho Chi Minh city-based electronic product manufacturer, for importing Chinese-made electronic components and relabeling them as “made-in-Vietnam” ones before putting them on sale. The firm had intentionally boasted about the application of modern Japanese technology into its manufacturing process. Given this, the High Quality Vietnamese Product Business Association has revoked a certificate of high-quality Vietnamese goods as voted by consumers which had previously been awarded to Asanzo. Vu Kim Hanh, chairwoman of the association, said that the certificate revocation was decided… Read full this story
- China hits back at Trump tariffs
- China hits out at US defence secretary after he accuses Beijing of 'intimidation and coercion'
- China hits back at U.S. with list of 25 percent tariffs on imports including agricultural products
- Outrage as Kylie Jenner superfans start GoFundMe campaign to help her $900million fortune hit a BILLION
- News.Az — Your Window to the RegionAzerbaijan`s foreign trade hits $4 billion within six months
- EU readies list of new imports to hit if Trump goes after cars
- Trump sets $US50b tariffs, China hits back
- China hits back at the White House with tariffs on US imports
- Trump slaps China with $50 billion in trade tariffs on imports
- China's $1 Billion White Elephant: The Port Ships Don't Use
Electronic imports from China hit US$5 billion have 337 words, post on english.vov.vn at June 24, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.