|The Cambodian military delegation on June 20 visit some places in Binh Phuoc province where Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen used to set foot in during his journey to seek way to save the country (Photo: VNA)|
The delegation, led by Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence Gen. Samdech Pichey Sena Tea Banh, was welcomed by deputy head of the General Department of Politics of the Vietnam People’s Army Lt. Gen. Tran Quang Phuong, Commander of Military Region 7 Lt. Gen. Vo Minh Luong, along with Binh Phuoc senior officials.
They visited some places that Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen used to set foot during his journey to seek way to save the country, including the place he met the first Vietnamese people in Thanh Tay hamlet of Loc Tan commune, and the places he and his comrades hid weapons and met local authorities.
After that, the Cambodian delegation had a meeting with local officials and residents at Loc Thanh commune’s cultural centre, where a museum on the path to overthrow the Pol Pot genocidal regime was established.
Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Tea Banh affirmed that Vietnamese volunteer soldiers assisted the Cambodian people to escape from the scourge of genocide of Pol Pot, and they fulfilled their mission. They did not invade his country like some opinions distorted.
He expressed his deep gratitude to the Vietnamese volunteer soldiers who sacrificed their lives for the survival of the Cambodian people.
The Party, Government, army and people of Cambodia will forever keep in mind the victory on January 7, 1979, which wouldn’t have been achieved if it hadn’t been for the solidarity and leadership of the Cambodian People’s Party and the enormous, timely and effective support of the Vietnamese volunteer soldiers, he added.
At the event, Chairman of the Binh Phuoc provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Van Tram described the visit by the Cambodian delegation as a vivid demonstration of the solidarity and friendship between the militaries and peoples of the two countries.
- In Photos: Ancient Home and Barracks of Roman Military Officer
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash In Iraq Kills 7
- 11 Fall Ill at Military Base After Suspicious Envelope Is Opened
- Atlas V Rocket Launches US Military Satellite and Experimental Spacecraft Into Orbit
- 2 Military Satellites Launched into Orbit Around Earth
- Jeffrey Epstein was allowed 90 prison visits with a woman Palm Beach Police had identified as an underage rape victim - even after registering as sex offender
- Suspected water contamination kills 10 Cambodians; 120 ill
- Bootleg liquor, not water, killed Cambodian villagers
- Taiwan Foreign Minister: China Stepping Up Military Exercises Around Taiwan
- Military Plane With 100 Troops Crashes In Boufarik, Algeria, Numerous Casualties [Videos]