Accordingly, the office will be based at One Rockefeller Plaza in Manhattan centre. It is due to be open in the third quarter this year
Earlier in October 2018, the bank obtained the US Federal Reserve’s approval to open the office.
Last year, the lender took the lead nationwide with a net profit of over 18.2 trillion VND (791 million USD), up 61.1 percent from 2017.
Targets in total asset and equity grew strongly while credit quality was under control.
As of May, Vietcombank still topped others in profit term with upwards 9 trillion VND.
Chairman of Vietcombank’s Board of Directors Nghiem Xuan Thanh said the bank strives to earn 21 trillion VND in profit this year and is likely to hit 1 billion USD by 2020.-VNA
- The Porta-Potty King of New York City Faces a Threat to His Throne
- How an Aspiring ‘It’ Girl Tricked New York’s Party People — and Its Banks
- Could New York City Get Real Casinos? State Leaders Are Listening
- Rookie cop charged in Pa. bank job linked to 2 New York City holdups
- EXCLUSIVE: Cops nab bank robber who escaped N.C. prison 37 years ago, built new life in New York
- New York Today: A Picnic Packing List
- Illegal immigrants on Upstate NY farms push for license to drive
- Christopher & Banks delisted from New York Stock Exchange
- Korean bank wants to open branch in Vietnam