The popular ABC show’s star, Hannah Brown, made a remark about her relationship with Jesus in spite of having pre-marital sex. The remark ignited controversy between her and one of the contestants, Luke Parker, who has also been open about being a Christian.
Musician Wyatt, 25, vied for the heart of bachelorette Hannah Brown and told his girlfriend of four months in Nashville , Haley Stevens, that he was only appearing on the ABC show to get publicity and that they’d pick up where they left off when he got home.
"When we met, it was very much just a possibility. … As you know, in show business, you sign contracts and casting things go on for months and months and months and they maybe happen,” Stevens explained to Us Weekly . “But as a fellow musician and as somebody that just loves this person I'm like, 'Why would I hold him back from this opportunity?'”
She added, “I know the premise of the show. Even though that's not an ideal situation for our current relationship, when you're not in it, it seems like a movie. It seems like it's just a TV show. You don't necessarily think about the fact that hearts are going to get involved, there are going to be feelings involved."
And boy, did feelings get involved.
Stevens says that when she watched Wyatt go on his solo date with Brown in Boston, she broke down in tears.
"I went in a hammock in my backyard and just lost it,” she admitted. “But even then, I was convincing myself, 'I don't have any affirmation from him. I can't speak to him.' I was still, like, 'You knew this was coming. You have to trust him.'"
On their solo date, Wyatt admitted to Brown that he was on the show to advance his music career, not to find love.
Stevens said Wyatt had promised to talk to her when he got home but that he actually ghosted her for two weeks when he arrived. She says when he finally did call her, she refused to answer and was simply trying to move on with her life.
"At that point I'm like, 'OK, you've been home for two weeks. You have no explanation for me. What are you going to say that's going to make me feel better or that's going to change any of this?'" she recalled.
Stevens says that she didn’t see Wyatt until she ran into him and his family at CMA Fest in early June, where they made small talk, but didn’t discuss the show or their split.
As a result, she’s not too enthusiastic about watching “The Bachelorette” anymore, though she doesn’t fault Brown for Wyatt’s actions.
"She's just so genuine. I feel guilty for that because while on the front end, I was just loving this person and doing what was best for him, now it's like, there's this other person and this other heart that's involved in this," Stevens said. "There's no good that could ever come from me warning her off or telling her to run.”
She added, “She made all of these decisions and she has to stand by these decisions on the show, and she is so strong. The comments that you read about her and the decisions that she's made, the fact that she holds her head up high and stands by that and has handled everything with grace, that is a strong woman that will make the best decision for herself, no matter what that decision is."
Fox News’ Nicole Darrah contributed to this report .
- The Bachelor's Peter Weber poses with the 30 contestants vying for his heart in first official group picture
- Demi Moore blasts ex-husband Ashton Kutcher for 'shaming' her by sharing underwear snap in 2009... as he urged fans to 'text him for the truth' over her scathing marriage revelations
- Evaluating the Solo Careers of One Direction After the Split
- Celebrity deaths in 2019: Famous faces lost this year from Gary Rhodes to Toni Morrison
- Inside the 2019 People's Choice Awards: Zendaya proves she's a fan favorite as she takes home double honors
- Best dressed stars at People's Choice Awards 2019: Gwen Stefani the 'fashion icon' leads red carpet glamour in elaborate gown alongside a sexy Kim Kardashian and stylish Zendaya
- Jennifer Aniston calls Friends the 'gift of a lifetime' after joking she only acts 'for the money' as she's honored with Icon Award at People's Choice Awards
- Nikki Bella shines in busty purple velvet and satin pantsuit at the Girl Up #GirlHero Awards
- Nikki Bella Admits She's Still in Love With John Cena in 'Total Bellas' Sneak Peek
- 50 shows to see at the Edinburgh fringe 2018
- Leona Lewis exudes elegance in a plunging velvet black dress as she joins a dapper John Legend at the star-studded Global Citizen Prize gala
- Marlon Williams: the 'Prince of Lyttelton'
- 25 TV Episodes From This Decade We’ll Never Forget
- Harry Styles: ‘I’m not just sprinkling in sexual ambiguity to be interesting’
- Brexit, the Beast from the East and plenty of bouncing Royal babies: As the decade draws to a close, MailOnline looks back on ten years marked by political turmoil, extreme weather and the Queen's acting debut at the Olympics
'Bachelorette' contestant Jedd Wyatt's ex says she 'lost it' over his solo date with Hannah Brown have 1017 words, post on www.foxnews.com at June 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.