HCM City (VNA) – A series of agricultural fairs – Agritech Vietnam 2019, Farm & Food Tech 2019, and Vietnam Farm & Food Expo 2019 – opened on June 19 in Ho Chi Minh City, featuring 200 booths from over 100 local and foreign exhibitors.
Foreign exhibitors include those from the Republic of Korea, Japan, Malaysia, and China.
The Farm & Food Tech is displaying a wide range of post-harvest preservation and treatment technology, machinery and technology for testing food-safety and tracing product origins; food processing and packaging machines; and agricultural and biotechnological products; among others.
The Agritech Vietnam is a platform for investment connection and transfer of technology and production assembly lines toward sustainable farming development, while the Farm & Food Expo focuses on introducing Vietnamese farm produce, particularly for exports.
On the sidelines of the fairs that last until June 22, there will be a series of business matching events.
According to Nguyen Phuong Dong, deputy director of the city’s Department of Industry and Trade, Vietnam’s agricultural exports exceeded 40.2 billion USD last year, marking a 10-year high and ranked 15th worldwide. Vietnamese farm produce has to date exported to more than 180 countries and territories.
The coming into force of several free trade agreements this year, particularly the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) in January, will open up more opportunities for the products toward this year’s export goal of 43 billion USD, Dong said.-VNA
- Barack Obama, Ho Chi Minh City Party chief talk Vietnam-U.S. ties
- "It’s all Greek to me" returning at Hotel Equatorial Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City jazz nights to promote Vietnam-Russia cultural exchange
- Vietjet connects New Delhi with Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City beauty crowned Miss Universe Vietnam 2019
- Vietjet operates direct flights from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City to New Delhi
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology buys accident insurance for students
- Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City among Vietnam’s worst on corruption control: PAPI report
- Second tunnel of Ho Chi Minh City subway line nears completion
- Indonesian naval ships conclude friendly visit to Ho Chi Minh City