HCM City (VNA) – A series of agricultural fairs – Agritech Vietnam 2019, Farm & Food Tech 2019 , and Vietnam Farm & Food Expo 2019 – opened on June 19 in Ho Chi Minh City, featuring 200 booths from over 100 local and foreign exhibitors.
Foreign exhibitors include those from the Republic of Korea, Japan, Malaysia, and China.
The Farm & Food Tech is displaying a wide range of post-harvest preservation and treatment technology, machinery and technology for testing food-safety and tracing product origins; food processing and packaging machines; and agricultural and biotechnological products; among others.
The Agritech Vietnam is a platform for investment connection and transfer of technology and production assembly lines toward sustainable farming development, while the Farm & Food Expo focuses on introducing Vietnamese farm produce, particularly for exports.
On the sidelines of the fairs that last until June 22, there will be a series of business matching events.
According to Nguyen Phuong Dong, deputy director of the city's Department of Industry and Trade, Vietnam's agricultural exports exceeded 40.2 billion USD last year, marking a 10-year high and ranked 15th worldwide. Vietnamese farm produce has to date exported to more than 180 countries and territories.
The coming into force of several free trade agreements this year, particularly the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) in January, will open up more opportunities for the products toward this year's export goal of 43 billion USD, Dong said.-VNA
- Covid-19 lowers rent, house sales in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City to raise spending on benefits for disabled people
- Travel website offers key reasons to visit Ho Chi Minh City
- Soya Garden chain closes most stores in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City making plan to increase urban green space
- Pre-feasibility report of $1.7 billion Metro Line 5 in Ho Chi Minh City awaits approval
- Ho Chi Minh City vice-chairwoman passes away at 53
- Apartment prices in Ho Chi Minh City down 15 per cent on-quarter
- PM assigns state company to build third terminal at Ho Chi Minh City airport
- Ho Chi Minh City FC named as most valuable football club in Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City trains teachers to teach new textbooks
- Pedestrians hit with stray bullets from gang fight in Ho Chi Minh City
- American business association presents medical equipment to Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City seeks entry restriction waiver for metro project's foreign experts
- Ho Chi Minh City rebuilds tourism strategy to meet 7 million int’l arrivals target
- One student killed, 12 injured by fallen tree in schoolyard in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ward’s former police leader in Ho Chi Minh City indicted for gambling
- Hanoi-Ho Chi Minh City train offers scenic journey
- Cracking down on ‘mobile karaoke’ an onerous task in Ho Chi Minh City
- Look out: Rhinos ‘invading’ downtown Ho Chi Minh City
Agricultural expos open in Ho Chi Minh City have 452 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.