One Sunday morning, Le Thu Huong, 32, drives more than 200 kilometers to Saigon from her home in An Giang in the Mekong Delta. She is on a pilgrimage to thePhuoc Hai Tu (Jade Emperor Pagoda) in the heart of the metro, hoping a goddess there will bless her with a child. Huong married six years ago and is still childless despite trying desperately to conceive. She has been to many doctors, but in vain. Mounting pressure from her husband’s family to give birth to a child meant she turned to the gods. She says: “I heard some of my relatives say the pagoda is sought after by newlyweds and childless couples across the country, and for many the prayers have been answered. I wanted to try since I don’t know what else to do now.” But she did not tell her husband or his family about her plan to visit the pagoda because she was afraid they would deride her as being superstitious and even try to prevent her from going. More than one million, or 7.7 percent of married couples in Vietnam, are infertile, according to the Ministry of Health. In the pagoda in the small, nondescript Mai Thi Luu… Read full this story
- Sylvia Jeffreys is every inch the glowing expectant mother as she celebrates her second baby shower among friends and family in Brisbane
- 'Head is down and I'm ready to push!' Ashley Graham jokes her baby bump looks 'fake' in hilarious clip while rapidly approaching her due date
- Pregnant belly dancer shares hypnotic video of herself rolling her bump while practicing her skills just weeks before her due date - and Instagram can't get enough of the 'mesmerizing' clip
- Crazy Rich Asians star Harry Shum Jr cradles wife Shelby's baby bump just hours after announcing they are expecting their first child
- EastEnders fans call out 'miracle birth' after newborn baby has no umbilical cord
- Baby Born Pregnant with Her Own Twins
- Panda mother rocks her two-month-old cub to sleep by simply jiggling her belly
- King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and his wife Jetsun Pema welcome baby boy.
- Mother who was born with TWO wombs and suffered four miscarriages reveals joy of welcoming miracle babies
- All of Your Burning Questions About Baby Yoda Answered
A few prayerful belly rubs for a baby have 390 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 24, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.