800 people to join the fifth International Day of Yoga in Hanoi. Photo: Ha Phuong
The event is organized by the Indian Embassy in coordination with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Hanoi People’s Committee, Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports and Bao Viet Life Corporation.
The International Day of Yoga in Vietnam with the theme “Yoga – Green for Life” will open with a one-hour mass performance of Yoga Protocol by Vietnamese Yoga lovers at the Quan Ngua Sports Complex, No. 30 Van Cao street, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi.
Rajesh Uike expressed his appreciation at the large number of Vietnamese people taking part in the event last year.
In 2018, more than 1,200 people joined a yoga protocol performance at Hanoi’s Indoor Athletics Palace in response to the International Day of Yoga.
The Consulate General of India in Ho Chi Minh City will separately celebrate the event on Saturday, June 29.
Yoga is a 5,000-year-old physical, mental and spiritual practice having its origin in India, which aims to transform both body and mind. On December 11, 2014, the United Nations General Assembly declared June 21 as the International Day of Yoga.
The declaration came after the call for the adoption of June 21 as International Day of Yoga by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his address to the UN General Assembly on September 27, 2014.
- Activities For The Elderly Focus on International Day of Older Persons
- Everything People Need To Know About Yoga
- Why People Join Network Marketing And Fail
- Network Marketing - Why Do People Join MLM's?
- Network Marketing - What Happens After People Join An Mlm Program?
- 123 Million People Celebrate One Special Day
- How Come So Many Sensible, Hard-Working People Join Network Marketing Companies? Here's A Clue
- The Reasons Why People Join Network Marketing Opportunities
- MLM Recruiting - The REAL Reasons Why People Join Network Marketing Companies
- Secrets to get the Most out of Your Yoga Teacher Training Course