The 76-year-old woman travels alone from Phú Quốc island to Chiang Mai, Thailand. — Photo facebooker Nguyễn Ngân
Việt Nam’s online community is buzzing with the story of a 76-year-old woman from Phú Quốc.
The story was shared on facebook by Nguyễn Ngân, a resident of Đồng Nai Province, who met the woman by chance in the Chiang Mai airport.
According to Ngân, the woman was very happy to chat once she realised Ngân also spoke Vietnamese.
“At first, I thought she was going with her children, so I asked: ‘Who are you going with?’ and she happily replied: ‘I’m going alone’,” Ngân wrote on her facebook.
The woman told Ngân she had booked herself a ticket from Phú Quốc Island, Kiên Giang Province to HCM City, then flew to Chiang Mai, Thailand. From there, she took a train to Bangkok for two days, then returned to Chiang Mai for another two days before flying back to HCM City.
She said that with a few common English words, she was able to book the plane tickets and a hotel in Thailand and use Google Maps to find the way. She also received help from airport staff.
“When I was young, I missed many travel opportunities so now I am determined to save money to go out and discover the world,” she said.
There have been many comments online supporting her decision.
One young woman wrote: “I just go travelling with friends but do not dare to go alone. Because the biggest fear is going alone, I have not followed my dreams. Thank you for making me determined.” — VNS
- You Need to See This 105-Year-Old Woman Throw Out a First Pitch
- 109-Year-Old Woman Says Bacon Is One Of the Keys To Her Longevity
- 103-year-old woman takes gold in Senior Games 100-meter dash
- Best Exercise Video Ever: Watch This 97-Year-Old Woman Doing Squats
- How A 50-year Old Woman Cured Her Knee Pain With An Amazing Homemade Remedy
- Meet the 91-Year-Old Woman Who Just Broke a Marathon Record
- How the Eff Is This 65-Year-Old Woman Pregnant with Quadruplets? A Doctor Weighs In
- This 29-Year-Old Woman Is Addicted to Sex—Here's Why She Finally Got Help
- 18-year-old Woman Sues Parents For Sharing Embarrassing Childhood Photos Online
- This 47-Year-Old Woman Just Became a First-Time Mom...After Having No Idea She Was Pregnant