Three supporters of India’s ruling right-wing party and another from a rival regional party have been killed in a gun battle in West Bengal state, police and a local politician said Sunday (Jun 9). A billboard with an image of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is surrounded by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) flags AFP/PUNIT PARANJPE At least 18 others were injured in the clashes that broke out Saturday in the eastern state that has been on edge since Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) launched an aggressive campaign to win parliamentary seats last year. “Three of the dead were BJP workers while the other was a (regional) Trinamool party supporter,” a police official told AFP. Local BJP leader Mukul Roy tweeted that three BJP workers were “shot dead” in Sandeshkhali, West Bengal. Rival supporters have regularly clashed in the politically volatile state where the BJP won 18 seats, up from the two that it managed in 2014, en route to its massive nationwide win last month. Modi’s party won a massive 303 seats in the national parliament, increasing its previous tally of 282 seats in 2014. The Trinamool Congress party – which has its stronghold in West Bengal… Read full this story
- Rival Italian Political Parties Strike Coalition Deal to Take Down Salvini
- We know political parties use SC as a forum to settle scores: CJI
- Trolls annoy political parties in Telugu states: Telangana CM KCR calls anti-social media, vows stern action
- Issue of penalising political parties, candidates needs to be dealt with carefully, says SC
- Hold political parties responsible for breach of peace – Nat’l Peace C’ttee
- AAP Complains to EC About 'Certain Political Parties' Trying to Sabotage Polls
- Investigators: SUV Involved In Chase, Deadly Shootout Registered To Rapper YG
- Certain political parties acting irresponsibly; spreading fear over CAA, NRC: Ramdev
- Indian Opposition Parties Say Modi Government's 2020 Budget is 'Redundant', 'Ineffective'
- Can The New Left Have Its Own Political Party?
4 dead in shootout between rival Indian political parties have 331 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at June 10, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.