Hanoi (VNA) – Whole sale , retail , and vehicle repair service saw the joining of 16,100 new businesses, the highest number in the first four months of this year, up 14 percent year on year and accounting for 37.2 percent of the newly-established firms of the country, according to the General Statistics Office (GSO).
The sectors were followed by construction with 5,800 new firms, making up 13.3 percent of the total new businesses, and processing-manufacturing with nearly 5,500 new firms, and real estate with nearly 2,500 new companies.
On the contrary, accommodation and catering services saw 4.3 percent decrease in the number of new firms compared to the same period last year, while finance-banking sector suffered a drop of 13.3 percent.
According to the GSO, as many as 43,305 new enterprises with total registered capital of 542.4 trillion VND (32.32 billion USD) were established in the first four months of 2019, up 4.9 percent in the number of firms and 31.7 percent in capital.
Average registered capital of a firm was 12.5 billion VND (537.5 million USD), a rise of 25 percent over the same period last year, reported the office.
The total number of employees working in the new companies is 440,100, a year on year increase of 35.2 percent.
The new companies' registered capital helped raise the total new investment poured into the economy in the period to 1.41 trillion VND (60.8 billion USD), which included 872 trillion VND (37.49 billion USD) added into the operating companies.
The Red River Delta region took the lead in the number of new firms with 13,200 companies, up 8.3 percent, while the midland and northern mountainous region saw a fall of 7.2 percent year on year with only 1,700 new enterprises.
Up to 17,463 companies resumed their operations in the period, up 52.6 percent against the same time last year, raising the total number of operating firms to nearly 60,800.
The number of businesses halting their operation in the first four months of this year was 16,984, up 19.7 percent year on year. More than 17,200 firms stopped its operations for undertaking dissolving procedures.
Meanwhile, 5,305 enterprises had completed dissolving procedures in the first four months of 2019, a rise of 12.9 percent year on year.-VNA
- Meet the new cat burglars: Brazen new breed of thieves who steal precious metals from under your car... and they can carry out the crime in minutes
- Why IT firms are riding high!
- Japan's third-quarter capex jumps on higher retail sector investment
- Carmakers post flat growth in Nov; new models remain top hits
- I Used Three Virtual Assistant Firms and This One Won
- Lingerie retailer Zivame plans $50m fundraising: Report
- New car sales slide 9.8% in November: FCAI
- Ather Energy Signs MoU With Tamil Nadu Government For New EV Manufacturing Facility
- What's the new twisting high-rise that suddenly appeared in SF's skyline?
- Maruti stock to face pressure on slowing sales, diesel pullback
- Average registered capital rises in first 11 months
- Nomura's next CEO sees need for speed given urgent challenges
- The southern provinces of Việt Nam will receive many billion-dollar FDI projects
- The southern provinces of Vietnam will receive many billion-dollar FDI projects
- Onion prices rise sharply, govt to boost supply
- Car, SUV sales in red zone again in November
- Đồng Nai meets 2019 FDI target in just six months
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DEC. 4
- Has John Lewis lost the digital-age plot?
- NBN Co reveals the busiest times on the network as data consumption continues to rise
Wholesale, retail, vehicle repair see highest number of new firms: GSO have 533 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 2, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.