Spurs would have guaranteed Champions League football next season had they won on the south coast but red cards for Son Heung-min and Juan Foyth killed their chances of that as they fell to Nathan Ake’s late goal.
They looked like they were going to earn a valiant point in what would have been their first away draw of the season until Ake headed home an injury-time corner for the Cherries.
Son had earlier walked for pushing Jefferson Lerma and Foyth was sent off three minutes after coming on as a half-time substitute for a reckless tackle.
It means Spurs are likely to have to beat Everton in their final game next Sunday to be guaranteed a fourth successive year of Champions League football.
Both Chelsea and Arsenal are hot on the heels of Mauricio Pochettino’s men, and victories for both tomorrow would leave Spurs in fourth – just one point above the Gunners.
Outsiders Man United visit Huddersfield knowing victory will leave them at worst two points outside the top four going into the final round of fixtures next weekend.
EPL table top six as it stands
|Everton (H)||May 12|
|Watford (H)||May 5|
|Leicester (A)||May 12|
|Brighton (H)||May 5|
|Burnley (A)||May 12|
|Man United fixtures|
|Huddersfield (A)||May 5|
|Cardiff (H)||May 12|
- 11pm Arsenal news LIVE: Tottenham join Utd in Demiral race, Aubameyang and Jovic in transfer swap, Arteta keen on job
- Premier League: United Win Feisty Manchester Derby As Liverpool Secure Christmas No.1
- Premier League grades: Liverpool delight, Arsenal ace, Manchester United fragile?
- Premier League Wrap: Manchester City 8-0 Watford: Bernardo Silva hits hat-trick in record rout
- 2pm Tottenham news LIVE: Burnley build-up, Spurs join Arsenal and Man Utd in Demiral transfer race, Mourinho LATEST
- Solskjaer battles back from the brink to leave City's title defence in ruins
- Jurgen Klopp in disbelief after epic Liverpool win over Barcelona
- REDS RUN THE CITY
What Tottenham defeat means for the Premier League top-four race have 345 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at May 4, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.