The incident was captured on a short video which went viral on social media on Sunday.
The people dumping the votive papers into Huong River
According to the clip, three people, including two women and one man, threw the votive papers into the river from Cho Dinh Bridge in Phu Vang District.
The video has stirred the public outrage.
Earlier on May 5, some people were also caught dumping a large amount of votive papers into the river from their boat.
Votive papers floating on the river
After that, Phan Ngoc Tho, chairman of Thua Thien-Hue People’s Committee, urged local police to investigate the case. As a result, Tran Xung and Le Van Hien in Hue City were fined VND3 million (USD130.43) and VND4 million (USD173.9) for the violation.
- Boca Juniors Said to Ask Conmebol to Disqualify River Plate
- Boca Juniors-River Plate Postponed Again; Final’s Future Is Unclear
- Twitter reacts to Philip Rivers falling just short of new NFL completion record
- Doc Rivers Praises Ty Lue, I'd Hire Him
- Florence could flood hog manure pits, coal ash dumps
- 1949 Chevy Gets Steering From Flaming River – Getting Pointed In The Right Direction
- Stolen Lexus Fished Out of Weber River in Utah
- NFL snap judgements, week 16: Saints dump Steelers into trouble and Seahawks clinch playoffs with win over Chiefs
- That Time A Paper Mill Was Blamed For A Massive Highway Crash
- Euro Paper Talk: Manchester City want Antoine Griezmann