May 21, 2019 | 09:15 am GMT+7
Residential apartment complex Royal City of Vingroup is seen in Hanoi. Photo by Reuters/Kham
Real estate giant Vinhomes JSC has appointed experienced senior Vingroup executive Pham Thieu Hoa as its new general director.
The board of Vinhomes JSC (stock code: VHM), the residential property arm of Vingroup, Vietnam’s biggest private conglomerate, has issued a resolution dismissing Luu Thi Anh Xuan and appointing Hoa in her place as general director of the company.
No reason was given for this change in leadership. Xuan had only held the position of general director for 3 months.
Hoa, born in 1963, has held many executive positions in the Bitexco Group, Royal City JSC., which manages Royal City, a major urban complex in Hanoi; Vincom, Vingroup’s retail arm; as well as parent firm Vingroup.
He has been deputy general director of Vinhomes JSC since 2011, and is a member of the board of directors of a number of companies under Vingroup.
Since the beginning of this year, Vinhomes had made many changes to its senior personnel. Late February saw Pham Nhat Vuong, the founder of Vingroup, step down as Vinhomes chairman. He was replaced by Nguyen Dieu Linh, who has been vice chairwoman of Vingroup since 2011.
Luu Thi Anh Xuan was also appointed as general director in the same move. She had previously held many senior leadership positions in the banking and finance sector, having worked for Deutsche Bank’s HCMC branch, Citibank and Techcombank.
In the first quarter, Vinhomes recorded consolidated net revenues of VND5.85 trillion ($251.2 million) and net profit of VND2.69 trillion ($116 million). It’s VHM stock has the second highest market capitalization on HOSE, Vietnam’s main stock exchange.
- Oana Iancu appointed new commercial director of Business Lease Romania
- Council appoints new strategic director
- London Stock Exchange appoints new chief executive
- UBS appoints new head of Lux wealth management
- Catherine De Bolle appointed Europol executive director
- John Baker made new managing director of Aintree Racecourse
- Blackpool appoint Rob Heys as new commercial director
- Dragons appoint Mike Davies as new managing director
- New medical director appointed at hospital
- Agricultural machinery dealership appoints new MD