Moscow (VNA) – The 2019 Vietnamese Students’ Sport Festival kicked off in Moscow on May 1, drawing more than 1,000 athletes who are Vietnamese students learning in Russia.
A new feature of this year’s event is the participation of a team from the All-Union Leninist Young Communist League of the host country.
During the five-day festival, participants are competing in four sports of men’s football, women’s football, relay run, and tug-of-war.
In his opening remarks, Tran Duy Thanh, Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union chapter in Russia, said that the festival is the largest annual sport and cultural event of the Vietnamese community in the country.
It serves as a venue for Vietnamese students in Russia to strengthen solidarity, Thanh added.
The festival was first held in Moscow in 1998 as a football tournament for Vietnamese students.-VNA
- Japanese film festival opens in Hanoi
- Nearly 200 Vietnamese students welcomed to work experience in Japan
- 164 Vietnamese students reported ‘missing’ in South Korea: media
- Vietnamese students win six medals at International Math Olympiad
- TISS set to hold National Students’ Film Festival
- First Pacific Alliance film festival opens
- Vietnamese student traverses Europe to answer life questions
- New York Film Festival opens ‘The Favourite’
- Eighteenth Tribeca Film Festival Opens in Harlem With 'The Apollo'
- Google launches 2nd phase of training for school students