As a result of the draw, Vietnam will compete in the same group as host-nation Thailand, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK), and Australia.
The first fixture for the Vietnamese women’s team will take place against Thailand on October 27, followed by the DPRK on October 30, whilst the final group game will be against Australia on November 2.
Elsewhere in the competition Japan have been drawn in Group B along with China, the Republic of Korea, and Myanmar.
Each team will play three fixtures in their group, with the top two teams advancing to the semi-finals. The two semi-final winners will then progress to the final, while the two losing semi-finalists will meet to contest third and fourth place.
The top three ranked teams in the AFC U-19 Women’s Championship will earn automatic qualification for the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup which will take place in 2020.
- Recent gains brighten Vietnam’s outlook for maiden Women’s World Cup: FIFA
- Vietnam’s football squads eye international success in 2019
- Vietnam U19 women set for friendlies in S Korea
- Vietnam to meet DPRK in 2019 AFC U-16 Women's Championship
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 9
- Vietnam lose to Japan at AFC
- First national futsal championship kicks off
- Vietnam to play Asian Cup with an eye on World Cup
- Vietnam’s Top 10 sporting events in 2016