The event attracted representatives from 100 local companies and 50 foreign firms, including those from South Korea, Japan and China.
According to Deputy Minister of Transport Nguyen Nhat, the National Assembly approved the construction of some sections on the North-South Expressway route for the 2017-2020 period.
The investment priority will be given to an initial 11 sections running 654 kilometres travelling through 13 cities and provinces. Among those, three will use the state budget and the remaining eight will be carried out via public-private partnership (PPP) and build–operate–transfer (BOT) forms.
Nhat added that the eight PPP and BOT components of the projects would be open to international bidding with Deloitte and Ernst & Young as consultants.
The process of selecting investors has been researched thoroughly in line with Vietnamese and foreign laws to ensure fairness, competitiveness and transparency. There would be no discrimination between foreign and domestic investors,” Nhat noted.
Nguyen Viet Huy, deputy head of the PPP Department under the Ministry of Transport, said that the government funds for site clearance for the eight sections had been allocated to localities.
The ministry has sold 80 tender documents for investors, of which many are from Japan, South Korea and China. Among those, 13 investors expressed an interest.
The North-South expressway project is divided into 11 sub-projects during the period to 2020, including sections from Cao Bo (Nam Dinh Province) to Bai Vot (Ha Tinh Province); Cam Lo (Quang Tri) to La Son (Hue); Nha Trang (Khanh Hoa) to Dau Giay (Dong Nai); My Thuan 2 bridge (Tien Giang and Vinh Long).
The North-South Expressway line is designed to travel through 32 cities and provinces, connecting four economic zones in the northern, central, Mekong Delta and southern regions.
- North-South expressway in the east put on list of major transport projects
- Int’l capital needed for north-south expressway project
- Land should soon be cleared for North-South expressway: Deputy PM
- North-South Expressway: local investors fear foreign competition
- 36 foreign investors bid for construction of North-South Expressway
- International capital needed for north south expressway project
- Vietnam calls for investment in North South Expressway
- International capital needed for north-south expressway project
- Vietnam calls for investment in North-South Expressway