Present at the event were Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam and Minister of Science and Technology Chu Ngoc Anh, among others.
The three award-winning scientists are Assoc. Prof., Dr. Pham Duc Chinh, from the Institute of Mechanics under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, for his study on consistent limited kinematic hardening plasticity theory; Dr. Le Trong Lu, from the Institute for Tropical Technology under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, for his work on nanoparticles; and Assoc. Prof., Dr. Nguyen Le Khanh Hang, from the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, for her research on H5N1 bird flu virus.
|At the event|
Each awardee received a memento and a certificate of merit of the Minister of Science and Technology, and a bonus of VND 200 million in cash.
Ta Quang Buu Award, named after famous Vietnamese scientist Professor Ta Quang Buu (1910-1986), is annually hosted by the Ministry of Science and Technology to acknowledge the efforts and success of scientists in basic research in natural sciences and technology.
Also at the event, the ministry handed over prizes for winners of the “Science and Technology Press Awards 2018.”
Translated by Van Hieu
- Three scientists to be honoured with 2019 Ta Quang Buu Award
- Three scientists honoured with Ta Quang Buu Award
- Three scientists honoured with Ta Quang Buu Awards
- Two Vietnamese scientists win 2017 Ta Quang Buu Awards
- 3 scientists to be presented Ta Quang Buu Award
- Ta Quang Buu Awards honour outstanding scientists
- Three scientists receive Ta Quang Buu Awards 2019
- Ta Quang Buu Award bestowed on three scientists for basic research
- Two Vietnamese scientists receive Ta Quang Buu Awards