Crown Princess of Sweden Victoria Ingrid Alice Desiree had a busy agenda in Ho Chi Minh City on Wednesday, as part of her three-day official visit to Vietnam.
Crown Princess Victoria, her spouse, and a delegation of high-ranking Swedish officials arrived in the southern Vietnamese metropolis that morning to begin the last day of her Vietnam visit, which ran from May 6 to 8.
The crown princess spent more than an hour touring the Saigon River, meant as an excursion to highlight issues relating to the city's drainage system. Several of the city's iconic architectural structures were also pointed out during the tour.
|Crown Princess Victoria tours the Saigon River. Photo: Binh Minh / Tuoi Tre|
Her agenda also included a visit to Fram, a Swedish-Vietnamese Venture Building & IT-development company in District 1, on the afternoon of the same day.
During the event, Christopher Brinkeborn Beselin, Fram's CEO, shared with the crown princess about the development opportunities of technology in the Vietnamese market, as well as his journey to establish a start-up company here.
According to Swedish Minister of Foreign Trade Ann Linde, who accompanied the crown princess, engineering and technology are extremely essential to Sweden's development.
|Crown Princess Victoria and her spouse. Photo: Binh Minh / Tuoi Tre|
That evening, Crown Princess Victoria participated in talks with chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong at the administration's headquarters.
Ho Chi Minh City has always cherished its relationship with Sweden, one of the first European nations to establish diplomatic ties with Vietnam, chairman Phong said at the meeting.
The two countries will mark the 50th anniversary of their diplomatic relationship this year.
|Crown Princess Victoria and her spouse during the visit to Fram Company in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. Photo: Binh Minh / Tuoi Tre|
Sweden currently has 32 investment projects worth nearly US$300 million in Ho Chi Minh City, ranking 14 out of 106 countries and territories that are currently invested in the metropolis, the chairman continued.
Following the talk, Crown Princess Victoria got on a flight and return to Sweden at 9:00 pm the same day, concluding her three-day official visit to Vietnam.
|Crown Princess Victoria during her speech . Photo: Binh Minh / Tuoi Tre|
- Pickpocket gang caught on camera stealing from bus riders in Ho Chi Minh City
- First sod turned at second waste-to-energy plant in Ho Chi Minh City
- AmCham Supplier Day opens in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City traffic police chief pays to settle driver’s lawsuit
- Ho Chi Minh City student commits suicide under pressure from schoolwork
- Vietnam-US Friendship Association presents 100 scholarships to poor students in HCM City
- Competitions for pho makers, brands launched ahead of Vietnam’s Day of Pho
- HCM City's District 3: 18th coolest neighbourhood in the world
- Construction on second waste-to-energy plant starts in HCM City
- Supplier Day in Hanoi connects local exporters with US partners
- Activities planned for World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims
- Activities for World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims
- The Hidden Charm of Indochina - 21 Days
- Work starts on 2,000 tonne waste-to-energy plant in HCM City
- Vietnamese firms to take part in India business summit
- What's on April 22-29 (Daily updated)
- Kids in Vietnam are all geared up for summer… school
- Pho for fertility: Saigon pho house adds special ingredients to juice up broth
- Vietnamese drop big bucks on food, beverages: report
- Vietnamese pursues education despite vision impairment
Swedish crown princess spends day in Ho Chi Minh City have 574 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 9, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.