According to Vice Director of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism’s Travel Management Department Pham Le Thao, the UNESCO recognition of Vietnam’s Non Nuoc Cao Bang Geopark as a global park is significant to tourism development in the country. Cao Bang province should fully take advantage of both domestic and international cooperation to turn itself into an attractive destination based on the geopark’s outstanding characteristics, she suggested. Non Nuoc Cao Bang geopark is home to fossils, ocean sediment, volcanic rocks, minerals and especially karst landscapes. Meanwhile, Dr. Jutta Weber from the Germany’s Bergstrasse-Odenwald Geopark and Vice President and Coordinator at the Global Geoparks Network in the Asia-Pacific Prof. Ibrahim Komoo, shared the same viewpoint as they laid stress on the significance to raise public awareness of geological protection while developing new tourism products. They said that local residents should know how to develop tourism without influencing the environment. Participants at the event shared initiatives to promote local staples and gender equality, as well as experience in sustainable tourism development in global geoparks in Tanzania, Thailand, Iran and Dong Van Karst Plateau, and protecting values of geological heritages and caves. Vice Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Trung Thao said… Read full this story
- Bac Giang pins hopes on spiritual tourism development
- Goldman Sachs puts premium on sustainable investing with new global markets council
- New United Nations Boss Unveils Plan to Promote Global Mass Migration
- Stakeholders in tourism hotspot Sikkim demanded support
- Tourism site’s high-end hotspot bid
- National campaign launched to promote domestic tourism market
- Staggered action plan post-lockdown to revive tourism
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau gears towards more inclusive development
- Is there enough wood in the world to feed sustainability?
- Global shares fall on U.S.-Sino spat but Wall Street rebounds
Sustainable tourism development promoted via global geopark have 310 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.