|Import-export activities at Cai Lan Port, Quang Ninh Province (Photo: baoquangninh.com.vn)|
The result has been attributed to the customs sector’s administrative reform.
This year Quang Ninh province’s Customs Department continues to receive recommendations from businesses through telephone, email, fan-page, website, and direct meetings.
The Department has strengthened administrative procedures in customs and tax refund to remove hurdles for businesses. The mobile verification station set up in Cai Lan port has helped shorten the time needed for verifying cargo samples.
The customs sector has successfully implemented a centralized customs procedure management model at the Mong Cai international border gate to minimize costs for enterprises.
Luu Van Do, Director of the van Do Import-Export Company, said “The Quang Ninh customs sector has improved its administrative procedures. The centralized customs procedure management model has reduced travel times and simplified customs clearance procedures. In recent years, customs officials and businesses have become partners.”
In the first quarter, Quang Ninh province’s Customs Department processed more than 16,000 customs declarations of more than 660 enterprises.
The national one-stop shop system has been deployed in all of its customs branches. 68 administrative procedures of 11 ministries and sectors have been connected to the system, helping to reduce the time needed to have import and export licenses.
Cai Lan port’s customs branch has been selected to pilot the Vietnam Automated System for Seaport Customs Management (VASSCM) system to reduce time and cost for businesses.
Vu Quy Hung, Deputy Director of Cai Lan port’s customs branch, said “The branch has successfully implemented the VASSCM system at the Cai Lan International Container Terminal and Quang Ninh port, setting the stage for the Quang Ninh customs sector to deploy the second phase of the system for companies specializing in warehouse services.
In addition, many customs operations have been automated. For example, e-customs declaration is now available at the national portal and ASEAN one-stop shop system.”
At the Quang Ninh seaport and land border gates, logistics service providers have been established – 24 agents offering customs declaration services; 18 warehouse services; 30 cargo loading and unloading services; 2 agents offering centralized import and export goods checking; and 14 agents providing warehouse for cargo checking. Businesses need support to deal with customs declaration and cargo forwarding.
- City Council OKs $3M in improvements to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport transportation center
- Vietnam to hold state funeral for President Tran Dai Quang
- Vietnam President Tran Dai Quang Dead At 61
- Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang dies at 61 of unconfirmed illness
- Who Is Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh? Vietnam's First Female President Takes Over After Tran Dai Quang Passes at 61
- Canna Care Docs Implores Maine Patients Seeking Medical Marijuana Treatment to Ensure Legal Procedures
- British border guards threaten to close their customs points along the border with the EU : Indybay
- Verizon is building the future for our customers in Washington, investing more than $878 million since 2015
- Verizon is building the future for our customers in Oregon, investing more than $512 million since 2015
- Verizon is building the future for our customers in Kentucky, investing more than $259M since 2015