Prime Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev held talks in Moscow on Wednesday as part of the former’s ongoing official visit to the Russian Federation.
|PM Phuc expresses his hope that his visit would help further deepen the bilateral ties in an effective and practical manner for mutual benefits. Photo: VGP|
Present at the talks included Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung and Russian Deputy Prime Minister Maxim Akimov and several Cabinet ministers from both countries.
Welcoming Phuc to Russia, PM Medvedev affirmed his country expects to further strengthen the comprehensive strategic partnership with Viet Nam. Meanwhile, PM Phuc stressed Viet Nam always attaches importance and gives priority to the friendship and traditional relationship with Russia.
The two PMs underlined the significance of organizing the Viet Nam Year in Russia and the Russia Year in Viet Nam, which will help tighten the fine traditional friendship and create fresh impetus for bilateral cooperation.
The pair spoke highly of the political relations between the two countries, which have been ceaselessly consolidated through regular exchange of delegations at all levels and across channels.
They expressed their pleasure at the fruitful implementation of the Viet Nam- Eurasian Economic Union free trade agreement that took effect since 2016 and that has brought about robust growth of bilateral trade. According to official statistics, the two-way trade increased by 28.6% to US$4.57 billion.
|The bilateral ties have advanced positively and increasingly fine through regular exchange of high-level visits, including Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong’s official visit to Russia in September last year and Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev’s official visit to Viet Nam in November the same year, according to Phuc. Photo: VGP|
The two PMs affirmed energy cooperation is a key pilliar of the Viet Nam-Russia relationship and pledged to step up cooperation in this area.
They agreed to accelerate construction of a center for nuclear science and technology and welcomed businesses’ interests in urban transport and railway infrastructure development in Viet Nam.
The two sides also highly valued the important outcomes of bilateral defense and security cooperation, which has contributed to enhancing strategic trust between the two countries while agreeing to expand cooperation in other potential fields like science and technology, education and training, culture, sports, tourism.
The two leaders voiced support for fostering direct local-to-local cooperation in a bid to enrich and diversify the comprehensive strategic partnership.
|The free trade agreement between Viet Nam and the Eurasian Economic Union, which took effect in 2016, has helped Viet Nam to boost its trade with Russia, Phuc told TASS on Monday ahead of his official visit to Moscow due on May 20-23. Photo: VGP|
The leaders also discussed on various regional and international issues of common concerns, including peace and stability as well as maritime security, safety and freedom of aviation and navigation in the Asia-Pacific region in general and in the East Sea in particular.
The Vietnamese side spoke highly of Russia’s role, hoping Russia to continue making positive contributions to the maintenance of peace, security and stability in the region and the world.
|The bilateral trade rises by 31% from 2016 and reaches US$3.55 billion in 2017. Photo: VGP|
PM Phuc took the occasion to invite his Russian counterpart Medvedev to soon visit Viet Nam again and the latter gladly accepted the invitation.
After the talks, the two PMs witnessed the signing of several documents on nuclear energy, oil and gas, construction, tourism, judicial and local-to-local cooperation.
- PM Phuc holds talks with Singaporean counterpart
- PM Phuc concludes P4G Summit, official visit to Denmark
- Japan and Russia hold talks on security, territorial dispute
- Putin, Erdogan hold talks on Syria's rebel-held Idlib
- Trump's defence chief says weighs talks with Russian counterpart
- Chinese, Chilean presidents hold talks
- Britain’s May to hold talks with Trump at G20
- Top US Navy officer to hold talks in China to ease tensions
- Macron, Rouhani hold talks over Iran-US tensions
- Deputy PM holds talks with Nigerian Vice President
- Italy's kingmaker president holds talks after PM Conte resigns
- US, North Korea to hold talks this week after nuclear standoff: Report
- Report: US, N. Korea to hold talks this week
- Trade negotiators hold talks ahead of Xi-Trump meeting
- Seoul, Pyongyang hold talks on direct telephone link between Moon Jae In and Kim Jong Un
- PM sets party talks for Dec 7
- Top diplomats from South Korea and Japan to hold talks: Seoul
- UK, France hold talks over spike in migrant Channel crossings
- Easing tensions, US, China to hold top-level security talks
- Japan PM to Raise North Korean Abductions in Trump Summit
PM Phuc holds talks with Russian counterpart have 743 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at May 22, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.