Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam is keen to cooperate with Norway in marine and ocean economy, including issues related to plastic waste, which Norway holds strengths in, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc said while hosting Norwegian Ambassador to Vietnam Grete Lochen in Hanoi on May 14.
The PM affirmed that Norway is a reliable partner of Vietnam, with bilateral relations growing over the years.
After the visit to Vietnam by the Norwegian PM in 2015, the two countries have implemented many effective cooperation activities in a range of fields, he said.
The newly-accredited Ambassador Lochen said she hoped the Vietnam-Norway relations will develop with even greater strengths during her working tenure in Vietnam.
The bilateral ties have been based on trade and investment activities, she said, adding that the two countries share common viewpoints in sustainable development, education, and cooperation in marine and ocean economy, including the issue of plastic waste.
PM Phuc emphasised the great potential in bilateral cooperation, citing that Norway's current investment in Vietnam only stands at 41 projects worth 41 million USD.
He asked the Norwegian ambassador to coordinate with Vietnamese relevant agencies to promote the bilateral trade and investment partnership.
The PM hoped the two countries will step up all-level delegation exchanges, especially at the high level, to create a premise for stronger cooperation between businesses.
He suggested that the ambassador organize activities to help enterprises meet and study business investment cooperation opportunities, focusing on the fields of Norway's strengths such as shipbuilding, mineral, oil and gas, wind power, wood processing, information communication, science-technology, and environment.
The PM called on Norwegian firms to cooperate with Vietnamese partners in trade and bring Vietnamese farm produce to the Northern European country.
He asked Norway to urge the EU to soon ratify the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA), saying this is a great opportunity for cooperation between the two countries and especially for businesses.
The PM proposed that Norway have measures to support the effective implementation of this agreement for mutual benefits.
Besides economic cooperation, Vietnam is interested in promoting cultural exchanges and tourism, he said.
He urged the two countries to boost cooperation in education and training, especially between universities.
The Norwegian ambassador said the two countries could enhance collaboration in sea-based economy and aquaculture.
She said Norwegian businesses are keen to collaborate with Vietnamese firms in energy, solar power, oil and gas, and hoped that relevant Vietnamese agencies will create the best conditions for bilateral cooperation in the aforementioned spheres.
PM Phuc affirmed that the Vietnamese Government will create all possible conditions for Norwegian businesses to invest in Vietnam. –VNA
- Belarus PM discusses investment cooperation with Vietnam's ambassador
- Belarus, Vietnam mull over MAZ buses assembly project
- NKorea's Kim sets off for Vietnam
- The race to host the EU Labour Authority
- PM Pashinyan urges Armenian women not to be afraid of inventing a bicycle
- Andy Serkis hosts film screening for children helped by Barnardo’s
- Lionel Richie named global ambassador for Prince’s Trust
- Malaysian PM warns Philippines against foreigner influx
- Australian PM blasts Erdogan for 'reckless', 'vile' Christchurch comments
- Rylan Clark-Neal plans to present 'spin-off' of 'reality show' BBC Parliament
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by Naftogaz of Ukraine: Dining with a dictator — Sweating over China — Is it Brexit yet?
- Mueller Russiagate Probe Ending: What to Expect?
- POLITICO London Playbook: Third time lucky? — Enemy at the gates — Brexit Day parties
- Brexit latest news: Theresa May secures 'legally binding' assurances on backstop after talks with Jean-Claude Juncker
- Brexit latest news: Theresa May and Jean-Claude Juncker agree to 'legally binding' assurances on Irish backstop
- Brexit latest news: Theresa May holds talks with Jean-Claude Juncker in last-ditch bid to save her deal
- Laughs and small talk as Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un meet again
- POLITICO London Playbook: Knife crime summit — Rights of Mann — Race to the bottom, pt 4,621
- Wales boss Giggs determined to win over doubters
- Royals confronted again, now over oil
PM hosts Norwegian Ambassador to Vietnam have 651 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.