|Nguyen Thi That finished first in the Tour of Zhoushan Island I. Arianna Fidanza and Lisa Morzenti achieved second and third place finishes.|
The first stage ran for a total of 85.35km and saw 15 teams competing.
Cyclist Thi That had to defeat challenges that came from two strong rivals of Japan’s High Ambition 2020 Inter Team to come out on top in the first stage. The second and third places went to Arianna Fidanza and Lisa Morzenti.
Elsewhere, the six-strong Vietnamese women’s cycling team made up of Nguyen Thi That, Phan Thi Lieu, Nguyen Thi Thi, Tran Tuyet Nuong, Nguyen Thi Thu Mai, and Kim Ngan won the title for the best team.
|The team made up of six Vietnamese cyclists was awarded the title of best women’s cycling team.|
High Ambition 2020 Inter Team and Team Illuminate finished in second and third place respectively.
The Vietnamese team will next compete in the Tour of Zhoushan Island II on May 22, with the route running for 83.7km. After victory in the first stage, Nguyen Thi That enters the next stage as favourite.
- This £34 bikini from River Island is driving bloggers wild… but you’ll have to be quick if you want one
- Froome amazed with yellow as Matthews wins stage
- THIS WEEK IN 1976: Thorney Island commendations ceremony tinged with sadness
- Liam Johnston wins ProGolf Tour event in Morocco
- Evetts joins a record field as he bids to win back Tour Card
- North-east singer hopes to strike a chord in national contest to win UK tour
- Spain's Carlos Sainz wins stage six of Dakar Rally
- Peterhansel wins stage 8 of the Dakar rally
- Kent head coach Matt Walker to join England management team for this winter’s tour Down Under
- Bowls: Wellworthy hold their nerve in win