The New York Senate adopted a bill on Wednesday (May 8) to grant the US Congress access to Donald Trump’s state tax returns, after the US president blocked attempts by congressional committees to review his past filings. President Donald Trump is in a bitter standoff with US Congress over the access to his tax returns. (AFP/Brendan Smialowski) The bill still has to be approved by the New York State Assembly, but that body is dominated by Democrats, making its passage all but certain. The bill – the latest round in a battle between the Republican president and the Democrat-led House of Representatives – will then have to be signed by Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo, who has already signaled his support for the plan. Introduced by Democratic-Senator Brad Hoylman, the bill authorises the state’s fiscal authorities to share tax declarations with three congressional committees in Washington. In most US states, taxpayers have to submit three separate tax returns – one to the federal government, one to the state and one to the city or municipality they live in. On Tuesday, the US Treasury refused a demand by Congress to hand over Trump’s federal tax returns, which it was demanding as part… Read full this story
- New York Senate votes against legalizing gay marriage by a large margin, 38-24
- New York Times Report Reveals Donald Trump's Father Was the Real Baller, Not Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand, New York senator, named among best-looking in Washington D.C.
- New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand's genuine immigration reform push
- New York Senate leader proposes one-year extension for Mayor de Blasio’s control of city schools, lifting charter cap
- Effort to legalize ferrets in New York City voted down
- New York senators ominously quiet after Amazon deal
- New York takes for granted these officers who stand between us and danger
- New York Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos to keep leadership post despite federal corruption charges
- List of losers in New York Senate never seems to end
New York Senate votes to grant access to Trump"s taxes have 341 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at May 8, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.