Tran Huu Thinh stands in court in Quang Ninh Province for raping two young girls, May 2019. Photo by VnExpress/Tran Khanh. A Quang Ninh court in northern Vietnam sentenced Tran Huu Thinh to prison in life for raping his nieces-in-law, then 11 and 3. Between October 2017 and September 2018, Thinh, 40, raped the younger girl once and the other one several times, investigation found. He also conducted lewd acts on the older one, now 13. During the investigation and at the trial this week, Thinh admitted to everything he had done. The court said Thinh’s behavior was serious and dangerous. Aside from life imprisonment, he was ordered to compensate the victims VND50 million ($2,100). Official data from last year showed that out of 1,600 reported cases of child abuse in Vietnam, 80 percent involved sexual assault, and in most cases, the perpetrators were someone close to the children or having authority over them, such as neighbors, relatives or teachers.
- Belmont County Man Sentenced to 11 Years for Raping Young Girl
- Man gets 55 years to life in prison for molesting girls in Lake Forest
- Student Complaints About a Teacher’s Behavior Came and Went, Until One Reported a Rape
- The Trump Official Who Failed to Reunify Dozens of Separated Children Is Getting a New Role
- Hate ties Cesar Sayoc, shootings at Kroger, Tree of Life, yoga studio
- Life Begins at Sixteen
- US approved thousands of child bride requests in the last decade; ‘My passport ruined my life’
- Trump’s Nominee to Replace Kavanaugh Questioned Date Rape, Discrimination, and Climate Change
- Woman convicted of sexually abusing 2 young girls
- How Trump's Labor Secretary Covered For A Millionaire Sex Abuser
Man gets life for raping two minor girls have 280 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 31, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.