Vice President of the Halal Industry Development Corporation (HDC) Hanisofian Alias said HDC has identified opportunities in these 10 Muslim-majority countries that demonstrate keen interest in domestic halal industry development.
He said Malaysia is expanding into these countries via an international approach based on five main features, namely opening new markets, rebranding, expanding services and products from Malaysia, human resources development, and thought leadership which uses Malaysia as a reference centre for the world’s halal industry,
At the same time, Malaysia will also leverage its halal services by exporting more food products to China and the Republic of Korea, he added.
In early April, the Malaysia International Halal Showcase 2019, which was held in Kuala Lumpur, attracted over 1,000 exhibitors from 40 countries and territories.
Vietnam’s Dong Duong Vina JSC also attended the event as the only representative. –VNA
- MLB will expand playoffs to 10 teams
- The Time Zone is Right to Expand the PAC-10
- MLB expands playoffs to 10 teams
- NCAA to expand March Madness
- Thailand KO defending champ Malaysia in Suzuki Cup
- TV deals will determine success of Pac-10 expansion
- Children as young as 10 are using sophisticated cyber-attacks to take out opponents on online gaming sensation Fortnite
- Troon Golf seeks to expand in Korea
- PGA well represented in Malaysia event
- Malaysia holiday after football win over Indonesia