Huawei phones hold a poor market share in Vietnam. Photo: VnEconomy.
College student Le Van Tung told VTC News that he came to a Huawei dealership desiring to exchange his Huawei phone for one of another brand and he was not the only consumer who was confused.
A retailer said that smartphones from giants including Samsung, Apple and Chinese Oppo amounted to 90% of market share while dozens of other brands including Huawei just made up 10% of the market.
“The concern of Huawei users is comprehensible when Google is about to stop supporting Android software, Gmail or Youtube. However, this plunge in smartphone consumption has little influence on the phone market and retailers’ business”, said a representative of the phone store.
Huawei phones hold a modest market share due to poor product designs and marketing as well as plain features compared to other brands such as Oppo or Samsung.
According to researches, Huawei phone users in Vietnam are still able to access Google’s services such as downloading and installing apps from Google Play Store or watching Youtube.
However, in the near future, Vietnamese users cannot probably install fix and security updates on their phones when Google releases new versions.
Earlier, some international news channels reported Google would block Huawei phones from access to Android updates and other Google’s exclusive apps including Gmail, Youtube, Play, among others.
- Google App – 24/7 Customer Support
- Why Free Business Email Services Like Google Apps Are No Longer Free
- Why to add Google apps account recovery option?
- Google Applications for your Business
- Local Search on Cell Phones Will Derail Yellow Page Directory Usage
- Smokin' Hot Cell Phones
- Mobile Phone Deals Tailored For Every Life
- Military Cell Phone Plans
- Keeping Your Customers Loyal
- Have Prior Knowledge and Strike the Best Mobile Phone Deals