After facing a relegation battle last season, HCM City FC now lead the V.League 1, largely thanks to South Korean coach Chung Hae-soung. HCM City club finds golden age under the guidance of South Korean coach Chung Hae-soung. — Photo bongda.com.vn After 11 fixtures, the southern side have 26 points to top the rankings with eight wins, two draws and one loss, leading defending champions Hanoi in second by five points. In the whole of last season, they only managed one extra point, finishing 12th out of 14 teams. The remarkable turnaround began in the off-season, when Chung rang the changes and shipped 12 players out of town and signed 14. While changing a squad so drastically can be dangerous, HCM City FC have thrived, with 10 different players scoring so far, more than any other team in the league. It’s not just the newcomers to have benefited from the new regime, as players like midfielder Le Hoang Thien and striker Pham Van Thanh have made important contributions after languishing on the bench under Japanese coach Toshya Miura. According to Chung, his secret to success has been respecting every member of the club, fostering a sense of unity. The South… Read full this story
- New England 2, New York City FC 0
- Louisville City FC earns draw with Pittsburgh Riverhounds
- South Korean prosecutors will question president over political scandal: report
- Some South Koreans celebrate Park impeachment, while some mourn
- South Koreans continue protests amid calls for President Park to step down
- Gotham City is actually in South Jersey and this map proves it
- South Korean city abandons cars for one month
- A joint North-South Korean football World Cup - a diplomatic fantasy?
- Toppling of South Korean President Park Geun-hye sparks widespread protests
- Chinese-Koreans say South Korean visa policy unfair
HCM City FC riding high under South Korean coach have 306 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 29, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.