The 50-year old man from Loc Ha District was taken to the Loc Ha General Hospital on the afternoon of Sunday suffering cardiac arrest. At that time, his temperature was 41.5 degrees centigrade.
Loc Ha General Hospital where the man was taken to
According to Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Trai from the hospital, the patient died after an hour of being hospitalised despite best efforts to save him. Trai added that it was the heat stroke that killed him.
The man and his wife were harvesting peanuts under 40-degree heat. While working there, he fainted.
Dr. Trai advised people not to go out between 11 am-3.30 pm to avoid heat stress during such intense heat. When suffering from heat stroke, patients should be taken to hospital immediately.
- Hot work conditions may boost next-day heat stroke risk for older men
- Prolonged over-exertion in heat puts older men at higher heat stroke risk: Study
- People of Karachi urged to adopt precautionary measures against heat stroke
- Northern Ireland farmer dies after quad bike accident
- UP: Sugarcane farmer dies while protesting over non-payment of dues
- Baghpat on edge after sugarcane farmer dies during dharna
- Two more reported dead from heat stroke at Edhi mortuary
- MP: Farmer dies after waiting for 4 days to sell crop in scorching heat
- How to spot if your baby or child has got heat stroke
- How to spot if your baby or child has heat stroke