Berlin (VNA) – A delegation from the Vietnamese Embassy in Germany has paid a floral tribute to President Ho Chi Minh at his monument site in Moritzburg town near Dresden city, the capital city of Saxony state, on the occasion of the late leader’s 129th birthday.
Along with the embassy’s staff, their families, and representatives from the Vietnamese community in Germany, the delegation also included Le Duc Duong who had welcomed President Ho Chi Minh during his visit to the German Democratic Republic in 1957.
Following the ceremony, Ambassador Nguyen Minh Vu and the delegation listened to Duong’s stories of alumni in Kathe-Kollwitz-Heim school, which was then called Moritzburg, where Duong and many excellent Vietnamese students were sent to study since 1955, and his memory of the meeting with the President.
The monument site is located on the school’s campus, where, 62 years ago, President Ho Chi Minh met with 350 of its Vietnamese students.–VNA
- Promoting Ho Chi Minh City tourism at WTM London
- Incoming US consul general in Ho Chi Minh City vows support for Vietnam’s SMEs
- Foreigners watch World Cup in droves on Bui Vien in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City to reclaim common areas in local parks
- Ho Chi Minh City tourism on show at WTM London 2019
- Ho Chi Minh City ready to cooperate with Airbus in smart urban transport development
- Ho Chi Minh City leader receives US Senate Staff Assistants
- Man jailed in Ho Chi Minh City’s first food safety violation trial
- Charity run for cancer research to return to Ho Chi Minh City in November
- Life at night inside Ho Chi Minh City convenience stores