Google’s self-driving car arm has warned that Tesla’s cost-cutting drive could prove to be “very, very risky” for the safety of its autonomous vehicles.
Waymo’s head of research has warned that Elon Musk’s refusal to add a piece of technology that is relied upon by many self-driving start-ups to save money could leave it open to errors that might endanger people.
Autonomous vehicles rely on an array of sensors and cameras to observe and “learn” from their surroundings, allowing them to make operational decisions and avoid obstacles.
One sensor is a Light Detection and Ranging (Lidar) that uses lasers to measure range to create a 3D image. Lidars have become a standard piece of kit on the cars,…
Start your free trial of Premium
- Access all Premium articles
- Subscriber-only events
- Cancel any time
Free for 30 days
then only £2 per week
Access one Premium article per week
- Elon Musk Provides Sneak Peek Of Elevator For Underground Tunnel Project
- Elon Musk Posts Video Of ‘Electric Sled’ For LA Tunnel Travel
- Groundbreaking: Elon Musk Reveals More On LA Underground Tunnel Plan
- Elon Musk Teases Plan To Begin Digging Tunnel Near SpaceX Headquarters In Hawthorne
- Elon Musk Says He Has Approval To Build NY-DC Hyperloop
- Will Elon Musk's LA tunnel make riders SICK? First riders complain of motion sickness on 'white knuckle ride'
- Elon Musk's Boring Company wins its bid to build tunnels that will allow 150mph 'electric skates' to transport people between downtown Chicago and O'Hare Airport
- Elon Musk to unveil first 'Boring Project' tunnel under LA to take commuters across the city in self driving cars
- Why is Elon Musk building a medieval WATCHTOWER outside the SpaceX factory?
- Elon Musk to unveil Boring Company's first tunnel under Los Angeles on December 18th
- Elon Musk unveils new images of SpaceX's 'Big F***ing Rocket' ahead of announcement tonight of first passenger to buy a ticket to fly around the moon
- How Tesla CEO Elon Musk 'trolled' Porsche
- Hanging With Joe Rogan Again? Social Media Users are Stumped by Elon Musk’s Mysterious Tweet
- Elon Musk reveals plans for SpaceX spaceship that could carry 100 humans to MARS
- Elon Musk Twitter rant a 'case study' in how not to handle a crisis, experts say
- Elon Musk blames Brexit uncertainty as he announces Tesla Gigafactory Europe will be built in Germany, not Britain
- Elon Musk to build Teslas in Germany not UK because of Brexit
- Tesla deal: Elon Musk's U-turn won't resolve legal woes
- Federal investigators to look into Elon Musk's comments
- Elon Musk won't stop calling diver a pedophile
Elon Musk's driverless car plan 'very, very risky' have 451 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at May 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.